Thanks to everyone, for walking me through my first smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill S.

TVWBB Pro
A big thanks to everyone that walked me through my first smoke. Larry W you were a huge help. The brisket turned out good. Juicy with a nice smoke ring and a good bark...But having never tasted brisket before, I ended up not really caring for the taste of this cut of beef. A little to much like a pot roast type of taste for me. Still had a lot of fun cooking it though. And B.S.ing with you guys. Can't wait to do ribs or a shoulder on it. I'll have you all over,lol....... Larry, make sure you bring a fire extinguisher. BTW, too bad you couldn't have helped those Skins liked you help me eh? Hehe. My Chiefs had no problem with the Ravens.
............Take it easy.

Feels good dont it Bill...The more you cook the easier and tastier it gets. Definately do a pork butt, rather than a shoulder. After that, no matter what you smoke you will think to yourself...damn I wish I had done a butt. They are the ultimate in smoking satisfaction.

Bill,
No problem glad to help! Sorry you didn't care for the brisket. Try a little of it today, all Que tastes better the next day to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> BTW, too bad you couldn't have helped those Skins liked you help me eh? Hehe. My Chiefs had no problem with the Ravens. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing I am not helping you today!!
icon_mad.gif

You don't want Larry helping you with your Chiefs. He cursed my Cowboys this weekend and brought down his own Skins team. Run from Larry...RUN....
icon_eek.gif

Joe,
I really did want your Boys to beat the Giants Sunday!! What is wrong with my Skins though??? Their D played awesome, until the 4th quarter. Because the freaking offense couldn't stay on the field long enough to give them a break! The only thing M. Brunnel can do is fumble and throw the damn ball away! Get rid of Brunnel and Portis and we will be better off! Brunnell cannot even throw a 30 yd pass!!
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Brunnell is the issue. There is a reason that Jacksonville dumped him. THe Redskins just as the Cowboys need to draft a franchise QB and build the team around him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Brunnell is the issue. There is a reason that Jacksonville dumped him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You are correct! I think if they put Ramsey in and just leave him in there and PROTECT him, he is the franchise QB of the future. The guys has a freaking cannon for an arm, he just isn't very smart with his decisions right now. But he will never get smarter sitting on the sidelines!!! Please God Almighty, make Joe Gibbs switch QB's!

HEY........least my team got off their dang pork butts LOL and won a stinkin game. Loved watching Griese play........and Simm too. I think Johnsons days of QBing in Tampa are close to an end. He had a bad season last year and hasn't done much this year.

As to the topic of this post....I am a HUGE fan of pork butts. I liked the brisket I did this past weekend. I loved the turkey a did recently. I have done MANY chickens over the past two years......BUT the pork butts always come out the best and are my FAV. Even better than the ribs I have done (wifes fav).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back