Thank You To Everyone.

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My very first smoke on the WSM is a total success. I just want to say thank you for everyone at this site. After reading numerous posts and following the "Lathered With Mustard & Rub" recipe, I was able to easily complete my first smoke. With just the help of this site, I was able to mod my WSM with a Temp gauge and make my very first cook an overnighter. Another reason for my great finished product was the recommendation regarding the Texas BBQ Rub. I've included a link to few pics of my newly installed Tel-Tru (another recommendation from this site) and my cook from the 8 1/2 hour mark to the final 13 hour product, and the mother load of pulled pork. THANK YOU EVERYONE AND THANK YOU TO JIM MINION FOR THE LONG SLOW MINION METHOD.
BBQ Pork

Great pics, Moore. Glad your 1st cook went well. What's next
icon_biggrin.gif

Ribs or Brisket but a buddy of mine mentioned that I might want to practice up on smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving. Tough call especially since there are so many great recommendations here for awesome ribs. I let eveyone know if my second cook is as successful as my first.

Great job Moore! Beautiful pictures. Ribs or Brisket would be a great second step!

Do you have the #2 Texas Rub for Brisket?...it's pretty good.

I have used the #2 Texas rub on Chicken breast but that was on my Weber gas grill. However, a buddy of mine has used the #2 on his Briskets with excellent results. This Pork butt was with the #1 Texas rub which seems to be a bit sweeter and seemed to be the perfect fit for the butt.

Moore, Glad to here that your first cook was a success.
icon_biggrin.gif
I've tried the #1 and #2 on a chuck roll
icon_rolleyes.gif
(let the chuck roll bashing begin)
icon_razz.gif
And we liked the #1 better. May i suggest a Brisket for the second smoke( Ha! Ha! Bill & Greg)
icon_eek.gif
with the #2 rub on it. Bryan
icon_wink.gif

OK I'm from Long Island I have to throw this in: Do a duck.

There's a duck recipe on this site that turned out great. I had the duck on the bottom rack with Competiton Ribs and Salmon on the top. (July 4 had a lot of folks over.)

It was only my second or third cook so how tough could it be to pull this off?

Agreed about the thank you to this site. Just not a lot of people to learn from locally. Hate to think about all the meat I would have destroyed by trial and error.

moore,
I bought a Tel-Tru (BQ-300) as well but they haven't shipped it yet so I can see what my WSM will look like based on yours. did you go with the 2 1/2" stem or 4" If the 4" does it touch the meat?

HERE is the link for the rub. You'll need to ask for a sample of the #2 rub in the comments section of the order form. Pick yourself up some gloves as well. They work great for hot meat handling!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Crstacey:
where can I get the #1 & #2 Texas Rubs? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Right here: Link to TexasBBQRub
What Greg said but try this link and see if Bill will still give you the discount...Worth a try
icon_wink.gif

Crstacey:
The Tel-Tru is perfect and I picked the 4" based upon more recommendations from this site. I would also like to add to Greg's recommendations on the gloves. What I great deal and they came in handy pulling that beautiful pork.
I will definitely consider smoking a Brisket for my second smoke. A friemd of mine continues to crank one out about every other weekend with the #2 rub. AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back