Team sweden are now full, lets get this started!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry for not responding on the judging front, I was up in Manitoba for a couple weeks! AnywaysI'm defintately in for the judging! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sending out a PM to all judges.

Here i am, the third member!
I did i little warm up with som open pit grilling of a wild board. Pictures of it in the photogallery...

Heja Team Sverige! Lycka till!
icon_smile.gif

I’ve pulled together a summary of sorts, containing the rules and schedule from various posts on this thread and others re Battle 1 - hopefully this will be useful for both teams – please correct anything I’ve misunderstood:

The Secret Ingredient for Battle 2 is MILK CHOCOLATE
Other ingredients are written into the judging criteria.

TEAMS FOR BATTLE 2

SWEDISH BBQ WIKINGS
Daniel Wolgast
Dennis Lundin
Daniel Andersson

TEAM AMERICA
Bill Michigan
Jennifer K
John Solak

PHOTOS
Each team will post 4 photos per day on a designated set of three dates (see below). Each 4-photo post will be shots of prep and cooking of one of the three dishes, or all three dishes. No text will is allowed. Any comments must be from the judges, commentator (J biesinger) and fellow board members.

8, 10 & 12 August : Team 1 (TBA) will post

9, 11, & 13 August : Team 2 (TBA) will post

FINAL JUDGING PHASE
14 August, prior to 12:00 am [midday Pacific Time?], each team must post 3 photos, comprising one photo of each of their three final dishes with explanation.

The judges can ask questions of the teams, all questions and replies must be completed by [midnight 16 August Pacific time ?] Scoring can be completed some time after q/a.

JUDGING

Each team can score a maximum of 30 POINTS

Judging is based on:
1) Appearance / presentation
2) Creativity / use of secret ingredient
3) Technique

Each of the above categories is worth 3 points, so the maximum score for each dish is 9, making for a combined max per team of 27 points.

4) Cohesion: this final category is awarded as a team score and is worth an additional 3 points.

JUDGING CATEGORIES

APPEARANCE: Covers the prep and final plated photos. There's is an element to planning your shots that is part of the competition. Judges are looking for good presentation from start to finish. This would be similar to how the IRON CHEF TV show discusses dishes as they are made. After plating, before scoring, the judges can post questions for the competitors.

CREATIVITY: covers creative uses of: secret ingredient, weber grills, fire/smoke, different proteins. More is better.

TECHNIQUE: covers how much of the creativity made sense. Did the cooking techniques match the chosen proteins? Does dish appear to be expertly executed? Was the secret ingredient used appropriately?

COHESION: covers the team/meal concept. Was there a theme other than secret ingredient? Was there repetition in any dish? Was the secret ingredient used in a unique manner for each dish? How well did the three dishes work together as a whole team effort?

This is going to be a whole lot of fun!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This will be so awsome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it will. As fun as it was to be a competitor, I'm really looking forward to being a spectator.

So glad you got this going Biesinger! Kudos.

Good luck to you all! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Back