tapping/adding coals

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Prince

TVWBB Fan
Hi all/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif..I am currently 13 hours into a picnic cook (last temp reading was 175)..I added a full Weber chimney of lit coals about an hour ago.

my temp after I added the coals was 300, but now is down to 230 at the dome. (all vents are open)

should I be adding coals every hour or so? and as for tapping the coals to revive them, what do you guys tap with (and are you actually tapping the coals or the charcoal ring)?

thanks/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thanks Jim/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif..I have used your method for both of my cooks (1st ribs, 2nd picnic) and don't plan to change either.

my mistake was not stirring the coals this morning (for some reason I was tapping on them like a toy drum or something/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cooked the picnic for 15 hours at 220-260, then let it rest in a cooler for 2 hours while I cleaned up..just pulled it and it was absolutely awesome/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif..I hear butts are even better which is going to be hard to believe, but I will find out in the next day or 2/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif..thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back