Tailgating or Picnicing with a WSM

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
Has anyone, or does anyone do either of these? I am a Seahawks season tix holder and am thinking about it this year (high heat cooks) and tomorrow might take the WSM to a local park and have a picnic. Anyone else transport the WSM?

I go to several musical festivals each year and I always carry the "egg" part of my smoker. I have yet to take the entire smoker as I don't want any stinking hippies stealing my meat, but the bottom and top work well for grilling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisM:
Has anyone, or does anyone do either of these? I am a Seahawks season tix holder and am thinking about it this year (high heat cooks) and tomorrow might take the WSM to a local park and have a picnic. Anyone else transport the WSM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I attend 12-13 college football games a year in which I tailgate at all of them.

My third game is Texas at UCF, and I'll do a brisket in the wsm. The following week I'll do ribs for UCF vs Memphis.

So yes, tailgating with the wsm is fantastic, just be careful with it's handling.

I alternate between the smokey joe platinum and the wsm.

WSM without the center section is pretty much a Smokey Joe Platinum.

I take pulled pork to tailgates a lot but I always prepare it in advance.

Back