Switch from ribs to minion after 4 hours

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Howdy all,

I am about 2 hours from finishing up some sweet baby-backs. About 5 hours later I want to smoke a Boston Butt using the minion method.

I generally find that I have plenty of fuel and smoke after finishing ribs and I wanted to know how to transition towards the minion method. My guess is to just shut the WSM down right after taking off the ribs and let it extinguish as much as possible. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks for all the help,
Troy

Remove the middle ring. Scoop out a half chimney full of the best coals. Pour new charcoal into the ring. Dump the reserved coals on top.

I don't know how much as you might already have in the currentyly lit charcoal. You might want to do a quick shake-down as long you've got everything open and there's no meat on the grates.

Thanks Tony,

Should I do so after the ribs come off or after they have cooled down for some time?

Troy

Troy,

Oops, I missed the five hour time gap you mentioned in the original post. If you really need to wait 5 hours then I would shut everything down and start fresh just like you suggested.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back