Swineapple ribs w/ cinnamon and chipotle

Greg Carrier

TVWBB Member
Grabbed a couple of Historic Lynchburg's offerings from my local hot sauce store, and ended up combining them for today's BRITU cook of three racks of baby back ribs. Few chunks of apple and hickory provided the smoke. Five and a half hours later, my wife informed me that these were my best effort yet...and when she's happy...

After prepping the racks, brushed with a light coat of yellow mustard and coated with their Cinnamon & Chipotle Seasoning...
IMG_0290_zpse0d09893.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cooked at 225 for three hours, spritzed with apple juice/cider vinegar 1:1, and ran the DigiQ up to 275. Spritzed em again each hour thereafter, and glazed with Swineapple Sauce and Glaze for the last 20 minutes or so...
IMG_0292_zps7b3c0105.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice and tender, good smoke. Good flavor from the seasonings - coulda used some more heat for my own preference, but overall a very nice balance of sweet, heat and aromatics while still allowing the meat to shine thru. If you can find these (or care to order online), I believe you'll be pleased.
IMG_0289_zpsd02783b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Greg,
Those are some good looking ribs. Thanks for sharing I need to look for Lynchburg's seasoning and sauce.

Back