Sunday Rib Cook

Mitch J

Had one slab of baby backs and one slab StL cuts in freezer, and I wanted to try something new and this is what occurred...

For the baby backs I rubbed them w/ a cinnamon, paprika, salt combo. The StL's were rubbed with yellow mustard, then got a light dust of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.

Put both on the WSM over two handfuls of maple chips and one small chunk of hickory. Cooked for 2 hours @ 235, then started applying a glaze to the baby backs every 20 min for the next 2 hours. Glaze was a combo of horseradish and yellow mustard, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and some cinnamon and paprkia.

After 3 hours I wrapped the StLs in foil w/ a little bit of sweet tea lemonade in the wrap. Both came off after about 4 hours total.

Both delicious! BBs had very unique flavor, will definitely do them again. StLs were simple, sweet tea did not add much flavor during wrap, which is what I was testing out.

Added a handful of cherry wood and maple wood at the end and threw on some almonds. Cook at 300 for about 45 minutes. Nothing like some good ol smoked almonds sitting around to munch on!

StL's on bottom, BB on top

After 2 hours, before glazing BBs

After pulling the wrapped StLs, finished BBs

Finished products

Back