Sunday Night Steak Dinner

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Haven't been able to find Tri Tip locally for a while now, so I ordered a choice one from Wild Forks a few weeks ago. Finally got around to cooking it up yesterday.
IMG_20220501_161012619.jpg

Indirect until it hit 110 with some whole little potatoes in foil.
IMG_20220501_162204330_HDR.jpg

Starting to sear, the chicken got some heat before the Tri Tip got to start searing. Can you find the thigh that I missed while flipping them.
IMG_20220501_165034641.jpg

Tri Tip crusty and done!
IMG_20220501_165758817.jpg

Sliced.
IMG_20220501_170321822.jpg

And served. So I was the last of the four of us that eat steak to get the serving plate, and all the more red pieces were gone. I had a talk with the family to let them know they say they like Tri Tip more done, but then they always take the rarer slices and leave me with the more done slices. I let them know the next one would be pulled at 120 so the ends would be the doneness to their liking and that would still let me the middle rarer slices. It still was excellent. I just love Tri Tip. The chicken was also really good. I finally made Bruno's favorite Chimichurri recipe, you can see it back their behind the potatoes. Shortly after this picture the Tri Tip, the chicken and the potatoes all got topped with the Chimichurri, it really is an amazing addition the the meal.
IMG_20220501_171507954.jpg

That made me laugh, Michael! :) I've got a couple of those "we prefer it more done" folks who manage to grab "my" slices, too! :)

Either way, your TT looks tasty, and you'll just have to get another one so you can have some proper, rare/med-rare morsels! :)

R

That made me laugh, Michael! :) I've got a couple of those "we prefer it more done" folks who manage to grab "my" slices, too! :)

Either way, your TT looks tasty, and you'll just have to get another one so you can have some proper, rare/med-rare morsels! :)

R
Yeah, most the joy of cooking is to serve the one's I love, so I will take the more done slices, enjoy them, and know the others are loving their food, but I will work to remedy this next time! My wife wants me to try to recreate a smoked turkey, apple, and brie sandwich we had out recently so I need to put another Wild Fork Foods order in to get boneless turkey breast. I will need to add another Tri Tip to that order, right!?!?

Yeah, most the joy of cooking is to serve the one's I love, so I will take the more done slices, enjoy them, and know the others are loving their food, but I will work to remedy this next time! My wife wants me to try to recreate a smoked turkey, apple, and brie sandwich we had out recently so I need to put another Wild Fork Foods order in to get boneless turkey breast. I will need to add another Tri Tip to that order, right!?!?
Of course, the TT is a must add! While you're at it, a pork tenderloin or two (always good to have in the freezer!) :)

Of course, the TT is a must add!
Ok, so in memory of Cliff, I will place the order today and when my family gives me a hard time about another Wild Fork Foods' delivery, I will blame you as Cliff is the one that taught me how much you love spending other peoples money!

While you're at it, a pork tenderloin or two (always good to have in the freezer!) :)
For me it is always having a whole chicken or two.

Back