Sunday Brisket Flat

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
At the nearest grocery store,they sell trimmed brisket flats for a reasonable price. Last week,Pammi Sue saw one that was on it's last day and had a $2 off coupon. She snagged it and put it in the freezer. Took it out friday and rubbed it this morning with a fantastic coffe rub from Cooking Light magazine. I then added a couple slices of bacon and some more rub. It's cooking at a lovely 225* and I'll serve it tonight with some garlic hasselbacks and sauteed brussel sprouts. More pics/links later!

Looking great so far Phil. I have a 6 pounder that I will season up tonight for tomorrows cook.

Took it off after 5 hours at 225*. Still amazed how the WSM just holds temps FOREVER! Let it rest for 1/2 an hour.
Uh oh! Out of taters! Found a box of noodles-n-sauce in the pantry. So along with a salad,we had this! Man oh man! That coffee rub is good stuff! Nice smoke ring,juicy and did I mention the coffee rub?
icon_wink.gif
Good stuff there,my friends!

Bob,that was the first tree we put up in 4 years. The decorators were our best friends youngest daughter and her fiancee. While we do celebrate Christmas,we hadn't been decorating for a while. The brisket was this last sunday. And the brisket was AWESOME!

Back