Summit S670 vs 01 Genesis Gold C. worth the $?

Don NICKLES

TVWBB Member
I have the 01 and I am thinking about upgrading.
Is the sear station a big plus? I have never had one and my steaks are pretty good now. Any experience with the smoker box? Hopefully it smokes enough to add nice flavor to fish. How about the rotisserie? I wish the summit was a little bigger but if I get it I will have 5 grills so total capacity is pretty good.

I have an 05 Platinum B, and I've had Genesii since they first were manufactured. My brother has a 4 burner Summit.

I really like his Summit. I use a grill plate on my Genesis for blackening and such, and front to back burners would make that much more convenient. In fact, it would make any multi-heat zone cooking more convenient.

I haven't tried anything that he's done with his smoker, but he swears by it. Says he can set a nice low temperature and get wood smoke flavor much like real BBQ. He does ribs on it all the time. (Just not when I'm visiting, evidently...)

I will be sorely tempted to buy a new Genesis (earlier than I would normally, since the Platinum is still going strong) if the new front-to-back models are really Summitesque.

Back