Summit S-470… Restore or Replace?

Jack Howard

Hey Crew - I knew I needed a few new parts for my 10 year old Summit, but after taking it apart, it looks like I need a cookbox, manifold and rotisserie burner. Wondering if it’s worth it or if I should just sell off the other parts and get a new one. Thoughts? Grill still works and the other parts are in pretty good shape, but I want my rotisserie back.

Attachments

• 926F5D57-85FD-4C83-984A-FE76B3BB330A.jpeg
    926F5D57-85FD-4C83-984A-FE76B3BB330A.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 39
Hey Crew - I knew I needed a few new parts for my 10 year old Summit, but after taking it apart, it looks like I need a cookbox, manifold and rotisserie burner. Wondering if it’s worth it or if I should just sell off the other parts and get a new one. Thoughts? Grill still works and the other parts are in pretty good shape, but I want my rotisserie back.
Hi Jack, Register the grill with Weber if you haven’t done so already. Once registered contact Weber customer service and explain your situation. Have pictures ready.

If your parts are under warranty and Weber can provide them you have a path forward.

If Weber cannot provide warranty parts you might want to part out or scrap that grill.

The Summits are challenging due to the amount and availability of parts.

If you are going forward please post pictures. There is plenty of help available on this forum.

with that cook box, unless you can get warranty parts as stated above, its done. Youll end up hating your life and spending way more money than you wanted to or should, GOD I wish weber made these better! Tremendous cookers when they are doing what they should

Back