SUMMIT 670 - floor and doors rust - can it be saved?

Don NICKLES

TVWBB Member
I guess these are prone to rust. The truth is I really dont use this much at all. I have a BGE, WSM, Blackstone and a Traeger. Is anyone familiar with this? Seems like know issue - I dont now if the floor and doors are available from Weber and would appreciate any onsite from someone that has dealt with this on a Summit. This was purchased probably between 2008 and 2010. Thank you !

FYI - these pics are after I removed some of the floor- it was flush but the rust was flaking and I didn’t want my dogs to get into it

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1611.jpeg
    IMG_1611.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1612.jpeg
    IMG_1612.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 23
Yah, those high end Summits deserve better. But, in reality, I think Weber is kind of down with a 10 year life expectancy on most of their grills.
I expect you can probably still get a new bottom for that grill, but then the sides and back are likely approaching rust failure as well. If it isn't the cabinets falling apart, it is the cook box panels rotting out on the Summits.

I guess these are prone to rust. The truth is I really dont use this much at all. I have a BGE, WSM, Blackstone and a Traeger. Is anyone familiar with this? Seems like know issue - I dont now if the floor and doors are available from Weber and would appreciate any onsite from someone that has dealt with this on a Summit. This was purchased probably between 2008 and 2010. Thank you !

FYI - these pics are after I removed some of the floor- it was flush but the rust was flaking and I didn’t want my dogs to get into it
I got warranty help on a Summit a few years ago and was very satisfied.

It looks like it could be fixed with a lot of work and parts from Weber. The legs are key. From the pictures your legs look like they are not rotten. The legs have to be solid to attach parts to. If the legs are rotten game over.

Inspect the entire grill and see if you have other failing parts and take pictures. Contact Weber Customer Service and be prepared to provide pictures. You may not be under warranty but customer service has some leeway on pricing if you need multiple parts. You won’t know if don’t ask.

If you get parts from Weber and you are ok with the cost and work involved you have a chance of keeping your grill in service for a few more years

Back