Suggestions for Stoker probe repairs?

Todd D.

TVWBB Super Fan
Does anyone have a DIY suggestion on replacing the rubber or silicone cover where the probe wire enters the probe? I have a couple of probes that need those replaced.

One of mine got messed up from pushing it through eyelet holes. I just used a piece of heat shrink tubing of the appropriate size. It isn't flexible, but once it's shrunk in place it isn't going anywhere and I think it provides better protection for the connection than the silicone did.

Larry,
I thought about heat shrink tubing, but was concerned if it would hold up to the heat. The link you provided shows it is good to 275F. While I normally cook <250F, I don't think I would want the heat shrink tubing melting on to the food I am cooking if I get above 275F

I doubt it would melt and run, it would more likely char. But I don't blame you for your concern. Have you tried contacting Rock's to see if they'd send you a couple of inches of the tubing they use?

You might want to check at a hardware store and see if they carry any of that kind of flexible tubing. The easiest alternative, however, may be to just call Rock's and purchase a supply of it directly from them. That is what I have done in the past.

Back