Successful Superbowl Cook!!! w/pics

Glenn M

TVWBB Member
Shortly after buying my WSM in December I announced to my friends that I would be holding a Texas BBQ for the Superbowl. I really had no idea what I was doing but thanks to the advice of some members on here and of course this website I felt prepared.

I did the two butts as an overnight Thursday night. Two racks of spares on Friday evening and another two Saturday afternoon (tried a different rub) and then the monster brisket as an overnight Saturday. I was planning on putting it on at midnight but I'm glad I backed it up to 10pm as it took until 4:30 the next afternoon to get to 190.

I got rave reviews by the 20 or so people who came over including a couple from Texas. Some people requested doggie bags of their favorites. Also got a nice compliment from a little cutie who said she likes a man who can cook.
icon_cool.gif

Anyway here are some of the pics:
Superbowl Cook 2006

good job. that's quite a spread of food. now you need to buy another wsm or two so you can cook it all at one time.
icon_wink.gif

Well done. There's only one thing I would have done different. Don't bait us with talk of some alledged " cutie" and then show us pictures of pulled pork. We've all seen pulled pork OK!
LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken McCrary:
Don't bait us with talk of some alledged " cutie" and then show us pictures of pulled pork. We've all seen pulled pork OK!
LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya, all I could think of was a new take on rubbed butt.
icon_wink.gif

Back