Successful run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Israel

TVWBB Member
Well, I finally had a successful run with the WSM. I threw out the manual and did it with information on the board.

I smoked cut chicken. I made a little mistake in not letting the coals completely heat before covering, so the temp was about 260 instead of my goal of about 325 (I like crispy skin). It still turned out well! Very moist and tasty. I think I used a couple too many wood chunks, it probably would be fine with a couple less.

I've got a brisket in the freezer I'm looking forward to trying!

Glad to hear your chicken turned out great. Just wait until you smoke the brisket. You will love it!!!!

Do your neighbors like BBQ?

I myself am still waiting for my WSM to come from Amazon. Should be here next week some time. But I've smoked on my kettle a lot. I'm doing another Pork shoulder tonight as a matter of fact. Gotta test out my new Maverick ET-73 cordless thermometer /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

They *LOVE* BBQ. Unfortunately, neither one of them cooks much, so they always show up when I have the BBQ out. It's not bad, they usually bring beers!

Well if they bring beer alright! I love food and I love beer! Infact I'm having one cough, cough well more then that tonight. It is friday night baby. My time to party!!

I'll throw on my Pork shoulder on the kettle around 9:00pm. Keep an eye on it for a little bit. Then I'll get on and play MOHAA online with a buddy for a few hours and go to bed. Wake up a little fuzzy in the head tomorrow morning from the "one" beer the night before and wait for my pork shoulder to get done /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dennis Fraley:
[qb] Well if they bring beer alright! I love food and I love beer! Infact I'm having one cough, cough well more then that tonight. It is friday night baby. My time to party!!

I'll throw on my Pork shoulder on the kettle around 9:00pm. Keep an eye on it for a little bit. Then I'll get on and play MOHAA online with a buddy for a few hours and go to bed. Wake up a little fuzzy in the head tomorrow morning from the "one" beer the night before and wait for my pork shoulder to get done /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>All the grilling and beer drinking lately has caused me to start gaining some weight. I had to resort to jogging every morning before work to keep in shape /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It's not BBQ if there's no beer.

My wife knows that if the grills out, the beer's out! I know what ya mean about the poundage... I used to be an elite athlete and as I've decided to lead a more comfortable life (read: retired) I find I have to keep up my training to eat like I enjoy!

It's worth it! This next weekend I'm trying an overnight brisket!!! Wish me luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back