Stuffed Pork Loin

Ron Lewen

TVWBB Super Fan
I had a discussion with a coupl eof buddies about stuffed pork loins. They both do something similar, so I decided to try it.

Here's some pictures of my Sunday cook... Pork Loin stuffed with a fatty.

I took a maple fatty and rolled it until it was a little longer than the pork loin and about 1 1/4 inch diameter, then I froze it. Then I took a long knife and made an X shaped cut lengthwise through the center of the loin, I used a steel to open it up, and then shoved the frozen fatty inside. The fatty was a little too long, so I cut some off of both ends. I seasoned the outside with a Rosemary and Herb seasoning that I bought at Hawgeyes (Texas Rib Rangers, I think) and put it in the WSM at a dome temp of 240. Since it had sausage in it, I cooked it to an internal temp of 160 and then foiled, toweled and coolered (FTC) it for an hour. I sliced it and juices ran out of it. We served it with smashed taters and a side salad. MMMM good!

Here's a link to some pictures...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=kgobm78.6tfnn48&x=0&y=-jb1qq4

Loin's pretty lean and I wouldn't have thought to go low and slow with it. Did the sausage help to keep it from drying out? This is what I've been thinking of doing with pork loin lately:
clicky then scroll down.

Just did a stuffed loin this past Sunday. Did a search over on Basso's forum and Juggy Beerman had posted a few years back about stuffing with Italian sausage, sweet peppers, onions and portabella mushrooms. Butterflied the loin and then marinaded in Italian dressing for about 4 hours. Stuffed with the above ingredients and then on the WSM for about 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees. Took to an internal temp of around 145. One of the best I have ever done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kirk Boorman:
Loin's pretty lean and I would have thought to go low and slow with it. Did the sausage help to keep it from drying out? This is what I've been thinking of doing with pork loin lately:
clicky then scroll down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Normally, i will brine a pork loin to give it some extra moisture, but I forgot to do that with this one, and the loin was one of the moistest I have made, so, yeah, I think the sausage help it stay moist. It added a nice flavor to the meat, too.

The one in the lnk looks great, too!

Back