Storing Stoker in Deck Box

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Anyone see any reason I couldn't store my Stoker equipment (it's in a tub with two holes cut out for probe wires and power strip cord) in a deck box on my covered patio? No risk of it getting wet, summers do get warm here several days of 100+ weather.

I wouldnt' but we have a lot of bugs around that would find the box to be a safe home. All my BBW stuff is in the garage on a shelf or in the corner. Heck I even cover my WSM indoors.

As long as you keep it dry, I don't think you'd have a problem. I would probably seal the whole works (tub and all) inside a small kitchen trash bag just to be sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry D.:
As long as you keep it dry, I don't think you'd have a problem. I would probably seal the whole works (tub and all) inside a small kitchen trash bag just to be sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.
I keep my pool parts in a deck box, and while it's waterproof the metal parts do get some rust on the them. Now I just put them in big zip-lock bags.
I'd hate to find out what that could do to your lectronics.

Tim

Had a nice digital camera once I decided to put in a sealed bag so it would not get wet in the canoe. Seems the contrast in temperatures between morning and afternoon was enough to produce moisture inside the bag. Had to buy a new camera, I never seal anything up that has electronics and is outdoors anymore. If it had a way to breathe I would think it would be ok.

For the cost of the Stoker and it's small size, I'd find a place to keep it inside. The Stoker is a mini computer; would you store your laptop outside in the same box?

Back