StokerX beta 0.6 release

Joe Keenan

TVWBB Fan
Is available through the built-in updater in the 0.5 release, so I'm not going to include a link here. I need the testing.
icon_smile.gif

If you don't have 0.5, get it from the link in the 0.5 release thread.

Major changes for this version:

Highlights of version 0.6:

1. Fixed Twitter authentication to not need a browser window. That required changing OAuth and Twitter libraries, so back to square one on testing.

2. Added Preference control to select the Audible Alert sound to use.

joe

I'm having a problem... when I click "Start", it says it's unable to communicate with the stoker. In the preferences, I have the correct IP address, and port 80... I use these same settings in Firefox, and the page gets displayed fine. Help?

Yeah, that's one case where I'm still having problems restarting everything if the preference changes. That's because I try to communicate with the Stoker as soon as the app is launched so I can fill in the sensor information in the table.

1 -- I'm not getting temps to chart.
2 -- Blower status on the "control" sensor type doesn't toggle off/on... should it?
3 -- Blower chart line seems to be reversed... it plots high when off, and low when on.
4 -- In the sensor list display, the current temps aren't updating.

Until I figure out how to get the temps to chart, I'm kinda done testing.

Originally posted by DJensen:
1 -- I'm not getting temps to chart.
2 -- Blower status on the "control" sensor type doesn't toggle off/on... should it?
3 -- Blower chart line seems to be reversed... it plots high when off, and low when on.
4 -- In the sensor list display, the current temps aren't updating.

Until I figure out how to get the temps to chart, I'm kinda done testing.

How very strange. Never heard of those issues. Are you using http or telnet mode? Can you look in the console and send me any StokerX messages? Also maybe a screen shot?

joe

Just a heads up - 0.6.1 is current, and has the feedback mechanism built in under the Help menu. Please use that for any bug reports or suggestions.

Thanks!

joe

Joe,

I just upgraded firmware to the latest (June) version on the Stoker. I am using 0.6.2 for a smoke that I started this morning. Everything works well so far. I e-mailed you yesterday about the axis updating and that all seems to work as long as you are logging data. I was thinking it would update without logging, but this is fine. One bug I noticed....the icon for the application still reads StokerX 0.5 even thought it is upgraded to 0.6.2. Minor, but I thought you should know. Looking forward to notifications and e-mailing.

Marshall

My current development build already has a fix for the temperature axis not updating. I haven't pushed that to the update server yet.

You mean the application icon in the Finder? Where exactly are you seeing 0.5? If it's the finder, it might be a issue with the Finder caching the old version number.

Have you set up the notifications? They're all implemented in the version you have.

joe

Yes....the icon in the finder still reads 0.5. I couldn't get notifications to work. When I tried to define a new notification, it never showed up in the list after clicking continue.

Msm

Yikes. Really noob programming error was preventing you from creating notifications if there weren't any there to start with. Sorry about that.

0.6.6 is available via the updater to address that issue (and others). Delete the corrupted file also: ~/Library/Application Support/StokerX/Notifications.plist

Still no idea why you're not seeing the correct version number in the Finder. I do.

joe

Cook is underway with version 0.6.7. Good things so far... many things have been fixed, and Joe has done a great job with the program.

Thanks Joe!!

Here's a screen shot of the current StokerX User Interface:

StokerX.pdf

Temp overshot at the beginning of the smoke because the WSM was in direct sun. It was almost 2 hours in before the Stoker started up the blower.

joe

Back