Stokerlog Driving Me Batty...

D Arita

TVWBB Fan
OK...I'm def not an IT guy, but so here goes. I initially got everything going on a cook and Stokerlog was working great. 15 minutes later, Stokerlog lost connection with Stoker. I tried reconnecting, power-cycling the Stoker and Stokerlog and even going back to a gaming adapter, but nothing worked. Finally, after about an hour trying different things, I tried Stoker Status and it worked, so with it up, I tried reconnecting with Stokerlog...and there it was!
What am I doing wrong? Was the problem with my laptop? No IPs were changed in the process that I know of. Was it Stokerlog?

If you could get into the web interface but NOT Stokerlog, I would tend to agree with a possible Stokerlog issue. But since you were able to get both to work, I would tend to think you may have had a temporary network issue. When I use a wireless bridge, I lose connection quite often due to the distance from the wireless bridge out by the smoker, to my main network router in the house. I also have more problems with the wireless bridge in cold weather.

I would do some testing before your next cook to see if this happens again. If you lose connection to Stokerlog, immediately test to see if the web interface is working.

Keep us posted.

Tend to agree with Steve and think its probably a network connectivity issue vs. Stokerlog. When I first purchased my Stoker I was using a gaming adapter without much luck. Purchased a cheap wireless adapter (WET11) and have great luck! I did however learn my adapter does not like to be in direct sunlight so I purchased a long cat5 cable and keep her under the porch with no connectivity issues.

Back