Stokerlog / Computers

estewart

I am getting going with my new stoker. Finally have everything (probes are short but that’s me not thinking to ask how long they come). I have played with it long enough that I am to the point I am ready to download stokerlog. Should I plan to down load it to one computer or does it matter? I am planning to cook at multiple places home, office, friends.didnt know if I can run on multiple computers. One other question is there a sticky or threads somewhere that can explain the search feature? I am not having any luck getting close to the specific information I am looking for. When I search for info I am trying to get. Still working to be self supportive Thanks

You can run StokerLog on multiple computers at the same time. HOWEVER, only 1 computer can have the HTTP Only box UNCHECKED. This is because only 1 computer can login to it via Telnet. All the other instances of the program must use HTTP only.

Not sure what you mean by "search". StokerLog has a good help page that should answer most questions. For other questions just ask in this forum.

-rob

Thanks Rob,
On the computers answer
I should have been more specific “search” I meant here at the forum
I assume that most of the questions that I ask have already been answered
Trust me when I say I am computer illiterate. I haft to figure out what you all are talking about half the time just to understand And hate to prey on peoples good nature like your self .I will probably still need to ask but id feel better if I researched it on my own and read a little before I ask
Thanks for what you do for all of us with sharing your knowledge.
icon_smile.gif

For using the search or Find tab, I have found it best to the use the "Advanced Search"....click on the Find tab, then click on Advanced Search. Use this to search for specific phrases or just words. Also, you can tailor the search to just search certain forums, specific members, etc.

But the best thing you can do (and I have done over the last few days since I am new to the ATC world for the WSM) is read every thread in the ATC forum for the first 4 pages of threads. There are a lot of things discussed in the threads that are not necessarily specifically related to the subject line. And you can figure out who may be using their WSM/Stoker/etc. like you are, then you can search on their posts or find better search terms to use to do more searches.

Good luck,
Kg

I have Stokerlog installed on 1 PC and access that machine from neighbours, office etc with Logmein ( freeware version ). works like a charm. In Stokerlog the HTTP box has to be checked.

I have been playing some more running my stoker & stoker log just watching and getting used to the settings ECT. I noticed that stoker log on my computer at home has the settings
For e mail or twitter but when I down loaded to my lap top I don’t have these settings
and cant find them I have deleted it and reloaded still no luck I decided to load it to my lap top home computer was effecting stoker and stoker log I kept getting knocked off
Don’t know what was causing it loading it to my lap top will help with narrowing
The issues hope I explained the issues I am working on well enough Thanks Eric

Eric, the only thing I can think of is that you have installed a much older version of stokerlog on your laptop before those features were available. Go to Help->About and compare that with your other computer doing the same. The versions should match if you have installed the same thing (I suspect they won't).

Amir,
Thank you! In my own self-diagnosis, I had UN installed stoker log that was originally
Installed via the link in this forum. However, when I re-installed it was via the link threw rocks bbq. I mean this with total sincerity I truly appreciate the way your mind works and people like you.ive been playing with for days
& never even thought of this so simple Computer things are Greek to me! My IT person that we use at the office
Has been totally amazed that I have gotten this far with my stoker & stoker log
Stoker up & running via Wyfi Bridge that I installed and your program running on my computers
Thanks again Eric

No worries Eric. At first, I typed a reply saying something is badly broken on your laptop to cause that kind of failure. Just before hitting the Post button, it occurred to me what the real problem might have been.
icon_smile.gif

As to having people impressed, that surely is one of the benefits of running stokerlog. Despite my computer background, people are still amazed that you can control a smoker with your computer!

Back