Stoker WiFi ordered yesterday - ready for competition

MH Brown

TVWBB Fan
I have an older white stoker that I've it a few times. I've had mixed results but mostly because of stupid user tricks. I'm still confident enough to order the new WiFi version and additional equipment to run all 4 of my WSMs and use the old white one as a back up.

I'm doing a boat load of comps (at least for me) this season and plan to start using the Stokers in comps. I'll do some practice runs first but am really excited about the edge these devices will give me in competition.

Anyone besides Rhythm 'n Que and SYD using these in comps? If so any suggestions on what to do or what not to do?

This may need to be moved to the competition forum.

comps use for us ... we have a new Vaio Tap, which works like a 20in tablet, to hook it to this year. Very handy.

Just a follow up, I used the Stoker this weekend in my first comp and ended up with a walk for 3rd in Ribs out of 50.

We cook at high temp for the larger meats on 22.5" WSMs so we burned through a lot of fuel keeping up with the wind. Upwards of 3 20lbs bags used. It was worth the walk though.

Back