Stoker question, multiple logs

Wm Hipple

TVWBB Member
I have a Mac, running Stoker X, I am also using a win 7 screen in my Mac to run stoker log. Also, running stokemaster on iPhone.

Now, it seems you can only have one program running at a time, I started with stoker log on win 7 as it seemed to be the standard program, when I fired up stoker X it worked great but the graph and response from stoker log went away.

Is there a way to use multiple programs or is there a setting for read only and use one program to "Control" the stoker?

If i use the browser to to to the IP address and use the web interface, no matter how many browsers i have open, that doesn't seem to affect it.

I hope all this makes sense to someone...

Within some constraints, yes. You have to decide which program you want to be the "master." If another is, check the "HTTP Only" box on stoker. This will slow it down to a sample every 7 to 10 seconds but will allow other programs to still attach to stoker. I don't know if other programs have the same option to allow stokerlog to be the master. If not, that is the only scenario you can run.

Note that stoker has a very slow computer in it. If you have too many programs asking it for data, it will slow down. I have heard of reports where the front panel becomes unresponsive. This is the restriction I mentioned above.

StokerX also has an 'HTTP Only Mode", so StokerLog could be the master.

I think StokerMaster for iPhone is HTTP only, with no option for telnet connection.

As Amir says, the processor in the Stoker is pretty wimpy, and the HTTP polling takes more processing on the Stoker than the telnet modes do. I would use either StokerLog or StokerX as the master, and then maybe StokerMaster if you really need a portable device to check it.

joe

Back