Stoker Housing - Weatherproof

That is correct. You will need to install shims on the back panel of the case to account for the thickness of the new panel. Styrene works well for this

Marshall,

Have you had any issues with using just one probe port for running all accessories i.e. fans, food probes, pit probes? I know there has been a lot of discussion on the topic, issues with running 10 cfm fans and probes from one port but after looking at my stoker I noticed that all ports are wired in parallel. In that case, it shouldn't matter if you used a single port for multiple accessories. Just wondering if you had some real world experience on the subject as I am yet to use my stoker. Thanks again.

I run the blower on a circuit all it's own. I agree.....doesn't seem like it should matter, but better safe than sorry. There are two jacks on the back of the stoker. One runs the probes and the other is dedicated to the blower.

On vacation this week and not checking mail much. The panel is milled on a Programmable CNC Machine fed by a CAD file.

Nice -- I need to think about the layout a bit more, since the panel can be made to my specs. I want to make sure I get it right!

Will this still work for the WiFi version? I am not sure if the 2 units are the same size.

Also, would the faceplate be available in any color other than black as I think th black on black may be a bit much....but I could be wrong
icon_smile.gif

Here is my version of a Stoker Housing that was inspired by Marshall's original. Thanks for answering my questions Marshall.

I took another route and made the probes/fans plug in externally. I added a XLR plug that can be used to extend the 6 ports via 40' cable and extender box (under construction). Using the Apple Airport Express also allowed me to add a 3.5 mm audio jack so I can stream music to the box via WiFi. I also added an ethernet port to run the stoker directly from your computer by cable if wanted.

http://s1097.photobucket.com/a...rature%20Controller/

J. Ray -- Can you go into a little detail on what exactly your external ports are? Part numbers and vendor names would be great!

Thanks!
Dave

The connectors are from Neutrik except for the 3.5mm jack which is from Switchcraft. All are D-series mounting standard. Covers and color gaskets are also from Neutrik.

- 1/4" audio jacks (NJ3FP6C-BAG)
- XLR jack (NC7FD-L-B-1)
- AC Power (NAC3MPA-1)
- Ethernet (NE8FDV-Y110-B)

J. -- is there documentation somewhere that shows how to multiplex the 1/4 plugs onto an xlr?

I have a couple other questions... can you e-mail me your address so we can take it offline?

ok, I've completed step 1... a new Pelican 1300 case is in my hands.

Now more questions...
I went to do a test fit of the stoker in the Pelican, and with the power plug into the back of the stoker, the top of the stoker sits well above the panel mount ring... The panel can't possibly mount flat on the accessory ring, does it?

J. Ray, have you tested how waterproof the connectors are? That is one swank piece of kit. I like the fact that the Stoker can be sealed up, but still have the probes plugged in...

Michael,

I haven't tested the box for water resistance but it should hold up fine in moderate rain. I could have made it a lot more resistant by using different 1/4" jacks but I used what I had on hand.

Which TRS jack did you guys find that is short enough to use on the back-side of the stoker? List your part number/vendor if possible. I've been unable to find anything that I feel confident would fit.

Thanks!

Back