stoker for dummies(thats me!!)

dylan

gentlemen forgive the redundancy here please and i will be greatly indebted for your assistance.
i realize it has been discussed but not dummed down enough for me. the goal:
iphone remote control the stoker with stokerlog, both home and at at comps. connecting the stoker wired to either laptop or home router is out of the question. at comps OK.
things i have: stoker, wireless laptop.
please tell me what exactly i need(bridge, wga, router, crossover cable, etc, etc.)and exactly what i need to know(ip addresses, wep keys, ad hoc, etc etc.) to get this done.
i will pass along any info i can in return for y'alls service. thank you, dylan.

At comps you can use a wireless router hard wired to the Stoker. Follow the Manufacters set up guide inlcuding setting up a wireless network you can use any SSID like "Stoker_Net". Copy down the routers LAN IP address, most likely 192.168.1.1 After setup, make sure you can make a wireless connect to the router from your laptop computer. Nest set the IP address in the Stoker using the same first 3 numbers of the routers IP address and change the last one say to 10 (192.168.1.10). Now change the subnet to 255.255.255.0. Next connect the Stoker to one of the LAN ports on the router with a normal Cat5 cable. On your computer that is logged on the "Stoker_Net" open up a web page and in the address bar type the IP address of the Stoker. In about 15 seconds you chould see the Stokers webinterface, else you have mad an error. Post with problems.

Here's a Picture
Stoker_Wireless.PNG

Back