Stoker Fan and Splitters/Extensions

Gerd H

TVWBB Super Fan
I know that, in the past, running a blower and probe on the same extension cable (via a splitter) caused problems (particularly when the blower would come on.)

I seem to recall however that this was addressed, perhaps via a firmware update at some point. Can anyone confirm to me that at present the stoker WILL handle running a pit probe and blower on the same extension/splitter? Did I imagine that this was resolved at some point, or is the recommendation still to dedicate a line to the blower?

Depends mostly on the fan (5 or 10cfm), the length of extension, the gauge wires in the extension and which power supply you're using. The 5cfm I understand is less problematic with extensions/splitters than the 10cfm blower.

I tried running a 40' 18AWG 3 conductor wire extension using a 10cfm blower with the high current power supply and had problems with the blower coming on/off. I cut the extension down to 21' and used 16AWG wire and it works great with multiple probes and the blower. I made a 30' 16AWG extension and it works great also, no probs with the blower.

Here's the way I set up my extensions and jack panels. The 30' cable feeds the 22, the 21' cable feeds the 18. There's a 20' cable (not in the picture) that feeds my MAK 2 Star pellet pit for pit and food probe monitoring (no control).....yet

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7506.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_7504.jpg

Thanks.

I run a 10cfm, the pit probe, and MAYBE a food probe with the higher output power supply. I will only want 15'-20' or so. I wonder if I can use prefab TRS cable with built in splitter(s) or if I need to go custom like you.

Also, actually, There are times I need to double what I just described. I would probably "build" a run for each set up, assumign the stoker controller and power supply could handle it.

Hey Scott I like that set up you have here any chance you could go into depth on how you made and assembled that? I have a 18WSM and a 22 WSM. That set up you have is pretty cool and is what I have been looking for.

Back