Stoker Enclosure

@Curt, what's your experience with extending the blower cable ? At Rock's they told the max length should not be more than 8ft, otherwise it could fry the electronics. I would like to go to a total length of 12ft ( both the probes and the blower ).Thanks for any input.

Originally posted by Fr@nk:
@Curt, what's your experience with extending the blower cable ? At Rock's they told the max length should not be more than 8ft, otherwise it could fry the electronics. I would like to go to a total length of 12ft ( both the probes and the blower ).Thanks for any input.

Fr@nk, I use a 25' stereo headphone cable from Radio Shack for the 5cfm fan I use. I not had any problems in the 3 or so years I've been using this setup. I don't have the fan on the same extension cable as my probes though -- that causes false readings on the probes when the fan is running.

While I was at it also made an enclosure out of a sewing box. The whole thing works fine with headphone cables.

Stokerbox2.jpg

Here is what I came up for a Stoker enclosure. It is rathe large but holds everything when stoker is not in use. I chose clear plastic for the box so I don't have to open anything to read the stoker face. Notice I put a cheap biscuit type fan for hot weather cooling, it is run by an old cellphone recharger.

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Back