Stoker and 22.5 wsm

Originally posted by Mike Weis:
James. Thank you. You saved me $30 on two smokers. On my WSMs I'm going to drill out the vent plate rivet and use that whole for the bolt, freeing up all 4 holes and removing the vent plate all together. Using a small drill to drill out the rivet will not cause you to cut into any porcelain. If I need to cook without the fan I'll use a wing-nut and bold to put the vent plate back on. This will free up all four vent holes for the fan to blow air into. I’ll attach some picts when the project is complete.

No worries. I had all the same questions!

Mines on the way. I bought the dual system. with the 5cfm fans for both my 18 and 22. I read more and more that the 5cfm will work just fine for the 22. I generally cook below 275 and live in So Cal. I also have read the folks are using a 5cfm for UDSs as well. My set up will enable all 4 and wholes to be open putting the bolt through the rivet whole.

Originally posted by Jim Cranford:
FYI, John@Rock's now has the correct fan attachment for the 22.5

stoker07.jpg

stoker08.jpg

Looks good. Is that the 5cfm or 10cfm.

It's the 5 cfm. Using it right now on 2 pork butts and it's working flawlessly.
It just started raining so I'm glad I did a little weather proofing.
icon_smile.gif

MDBS01.jpg

I also bought a dual stoker system, just started a brisket on one of my 18"'s. This is my first attempt. So far it's working flawless. We are having 2 other couples over to chew this Briket up, so I hope it comes out ok. Need to get one of those 22" adapters. Hopefully we all eat well tomorrow.

You guys using briquettes or lump. If lump, does it hold as well briquettes. Lump sure doesen't hold consistent temps too well compared to Kingsford, without a fan. I'm hoping the fan will gice me consistent temps with lump. If not I guess I'll just have to stick to briquettes.

Originally posted by Jim Cranford:
icon_smile.gif

MDBS01.jpg

Maaaaaan! That sure is a pretty red kettle.
You keep it impecable too. You should be proud!

Originally posted by Mike Weis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Cranford:
icon_smile.gif

MDBS01.jpg

Maaaaaan! That sure is a pretty red kettle.
You keep it impecable too. You should be proud! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks and yes she is my baby. Got it new back in '98 and have loved every minute.
She got a good cleaning a couple of weeks ago and I took this picture at night to show that is still has that shine.
NP02.jpg

Back