Stoker - adding probes

Get stereo headphone splitters from radio shack or music store. Then you can hook up a pair of devices to each port. Use more if you need more ports.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frank sledjeski:
Question, How can I get my stoker to handle 3 blowers, 3 meat temp and 3 grill temp probes?

Thanks,
Frank </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use that amount on a Egg and two drums. You use splitters within splitters or look for a piece of equipment music folks use to split cables.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Casten:
and you dont put fans and probes on the same splitter ... correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct, fans need to be on their own cable. You can use as many splitters for as many probes as you want.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
Get stereo headphone splitters from radio shack or music store. Then you can hook up a pair of devices to each port. Use more if you need more ports. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Amir.
Just want to say thanks for taking your time to take the stoker to the next level. Being able to monitor temps in meat helps greatly in competitions.
I was wondering, is there a way to split the graphs. Eg first graph, fire temp food temp
second graph fire temp food temp.
I am running two smokers with a total of 4 probes. Two fire and two food, and it would look nice to split the graphs. Thanks a bunch.

Hi Mike. Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure writing the program.

As to your question, that feature is already there. If you configure two probes, then stokerlog will pop up another window and the show the temps there. I forget the exact syntax but if you change the probe names by putting a special character in the name, then they show up in the second window also.

So give it a try and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Thanks Amir.
I'll give it a try. I get two windows the first has pit temp 1 food one and food 2.
The seccond window is only showing pit temp 2.
I'll mess with the food probe names to get two probes per screen.

Interesting. This might solve my problem with more probes than the interface presents. Do you recall what the special character is and the format of the name (where the special character needs to be in the name)?

Also, so far if I plug all six food probes in, it throws an exception, and won't run.

Back