Stand for wsm

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Need some suggestions on a sturdy stand for my wsm,I've had two back surgeries and need to get that bad boy up off the ground.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I should have included in my post that I want to be able to use this stand at competitions so it has to be mobile. Sorry for the omission.

I think you can get some legs fabricated that can be added to the existing legs by just drilling some holes and connecting with bolts, so you can dismantle for the ride..
DP

I use a #2 galvanized washtub and a 55 gal drum lid. The drum lid fits perfectly on the washtub and makes for a good working height.

I dump the ashes in the washtub. After a few cooks, I empty and start over!

Jim

At BBQ contests we've started doing what other contestants do to raise our food-prep table (the 3x6' ones from Costco), by inserting the legs into pre-cut pieces of PVC pipe. I wonder if you could do a similar thing with the WSM with regular pipe? (PVC might melt)

Thanks John L that seens to be an inexpensive thing to try first and may just solve the problem I'll give it a try and report back.

On his BBQ U show, you can see Steve Raichlen's WSM standing handsomely on a wooden bucket (like a big sturdy planter, or maybe the kind you'd fill with ice and bottles o'beer) turned upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back