Stack two WSM's to Grill Awsome Chicken

Steve R.

Stacking two WSM's to grill some awsome chicken. Some charcoal for heat and Alder for smoke made for some very tasty chicken.
2508650600031864230UfWZpO

It looks like the Webshots linked correctly this time. In any case, I just wanted to share a technique I've been using for a couple of years now that works really well for grilling chicken. I’m lucky enough to have two WSM’s, and I found that I could stack the center sections to create a perfect condition for grilling chicken. I love the taste of chicken grilled over Alder wood. I had trouble with the high heat when adding sticks of Alder to a single WSM, so I tried stacking two WSM’s to move the meat a little further from the heat. Turns out it works great. I start out with half a chimney of charcoal, and then add 3 to 4 sticks of Alder, and then put on the chicken. The wings are ready in 25 minutes or so, and the larger pieces, like the breasts take almost an hour. The meat is always very moist, the skin crispy, and the flavor out of this world. I usually use the Roadside Chicken recipe and/or a rub I created when I attended a Paul Kirk BBQ class in Tacoma, WA a few years back. Regardless, grilled chicken over Alder is some great stuff. If you have two WSM’s, I suggest you try it. Cheers!

Great looking chicken Steve.

I have 2 middle sections of the 22" version but i dont think the legs would support that weight and besides i would need a ladder to get to the meat
icon_wink.gif

Thx for sharing

Back