St. Louis wood?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

For those of you from St. Louis, where do you get you wood? I just called Super Smokers and they acting like I was crazy. I would rather not buy online, and all I can find at the big chains is hickory. Please help?

Kent, I've got some Mesquite I'll give ya. I personally don't care for it. I work in Wentzville.

We're lucky to live in an area (on the IL side anyway) where there's plenty of orchards. Give some of them a call, they might hook you up. I usually get my wood from people who've just cut or trimmed their fruit trees. I just offer to haul some or all of it off. Of course you have to cut and age it yourself. But it's a quick way to get a good supply of wood. Cheap.

Also, I always buy oak or hickory to burn in my fireplace. There's always a few good sticks left after winter. I use them too.

One other option is to go to Schnucks and get the BBQers Delight pellets. They have a nice variety usually. (at least the Alton store does)

Rick

Thank you for the mesquite offer. But like you, I'm not a big fan. I thought about the orchards, but I was hoping there was a quicker and easier option.

Kent:

Cabellas (sp?)

I have not bought anything from them, but I understand that their shipping is very inexpensive and their prices reasonable. Run a search on this site for lots of comments about them and this subject.

Thank you very much, Mark! I stopped by Baunann's meat market on Friday and cleared them out
icon_wink.gif
. Got some Alder, Cherry, and Apple chunks.

Back