St. Louis BBQ

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Does anyone know of any good BBQ stores in the St. Louis area, and also any good local BBQ joints in the St. Louis area?

A friend in St. Louis who I trust about food related topics and who we visit often, is pretty luke warm about St. Louis BBQ. Since I started smoking and brought along some of my Q on a recent visits, he says it beats any he's tried there.

His pick is Bandanas. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but look forward to it.

Oh my goodness! You have to find a Bandanas BBQ in the St. Louis area! Excellent!!!! So good that every time I go that way I stop and eat and on the way back to Indy I stop and eat and also pick up extra slabs for later. Very good joint!

Other than Bandana's, St. Louis BBQ has tanked in the last 15 years. Some of the best bbq around could be found in the north county of St. Louis. There were a lot of mom & pop joints that had some of the best bbq I have ever tasted, but most of the old-timers died with their recipes.

There are still a couple of those places around like Grandpa Mischeaux's in north county. Great rib-tip sandwhiches and bbq polish sausages with potato salad. Chicken and brisket are pretty descent as well.

Back