St. Louis and Chicken Leg quarters

Jerry Pollard

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm a new wsm owner (2 weeks) cooked a very good
butt 1st cook. Boneless pork loin second cook.
Not as good as the butt, but good.
My third try will be St. Louis ribs and chicken leg quarters. What is the best cooking method on the wsm for this combo. Appreciate some input on temps, and which cooking grate to put them on? i'v got the spice and flavoring down pretty good.
i'll put them on early am for lunch.
thanks
JerryPollard in central AL.

also: a "fattie"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry Pollard:
I'm a new wsm owner (2 weeks) cooked a very good
butt 1st cook. Boneless pork loin second cook.
Not as good as the butt, but good.
My third try will be St. Louis ribs and chicken leg quarters. What is the best cooking method on the wsm for this combo. Appreciate some input on temps, and which cooking grate to put them on? i'v got the spice and flavoring down pretty good.
i'll put them on early am for lunch.
thanks
JerryPollard in central AL.

also: a "fattie" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A lot of people don't want raw chicken dripping on other meat, so they put the chicken on the bottom rack with the ribs on the top rack, in effect, acting as a baste for the chicken.

Both ribs and chicken cook well at the same temperatures. Some would cook that combo a little hotter than usual, but I don't go over 260 dome temperature myself.

Sounds like it is gonna be a great meal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jim
I took a day-trip through Vermont in the late
70s. Beautiful scenes in the fall.
I was in the Boston area attending a computer class. Computers with "core memory"

thanks again
Jerry P

Back