SS Performers

Mark

TVWBB Member
I have an opportunity to acquire a SS Performer but can't make up my mind. I've always lusted over these but was curious for those that have them, how does the charcoal do in the under the lid bin if you store yours there? Does it absorb alot of humidity/moisture or does it stay as good as it would in the bag in the garage?

Mark,

I bought a used SS Performer last year and store my open bag under the lid. In fact, my performer was outside, in the elements, uncovered for a year and the charcoal was always perfect. All I do is roll the opening of the bag the way I would a cereal bag in a box. No problems. Go for the SS Performer! You won't regret it!

Thanks for the info. I've got a Mastertouch, which I love but its showing its age. Would love to have the SS Performer but its an hour drive.. and do I need another grill? Of course I do. hehe. I'd love the propane ignition too...

1 hour drive? i would suck **** to get me one of those. what are you waiting for.

2 hours t/r and you own a really nice thing in 10+ years a no brainer.

Mark, BUY the Performer! You'll absolutely be glad you did! I love mine! (just……not as much as Wolgast, I don't think…..yeah, not that much!
icon_smile.gif

Mark,
Go for it. You wont be disappointed. BTW is in a color other than Black, say <span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span>perhaps?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Get the Performer!
I have had kettles for ever but not a performer, untill this year. Its the way to go, its the cadilac of kettles.

I do keep my brickets in the the bin, outside under the cover with no issues. I also live in a high desert climate with almost 0 humidity. I bought a scooper to go inside the bin. I think it was made for Chicken feed or something, anyhow it works pretty good. Better than having Mr. Black charcoal hand.
P.S My Performer is Black, with the Stainless top (DA 2001) and I love it.

Back