SS Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoenshell

Hello, I'm a new user from KC, MO. I just acquired a nice black SS Performer and I'm currently in the process of cleaning it up. I did some searching and could find how to get the one-touch cleaning system off of this grill. It looks like the handle could slide out on the bottom, but didn't want to force it since I have a tendency of breaking things. This is a newer SS Performer (I believe 1995 or newer) where the ash catcher system looks like the late model grills. I can't wait to get her operating. Thanks!

Hi Shawn, I know with any of the one-touch systems I have replaced, the handle has a little notch that fits into the ring that is against the bottom of the bowl. If you take a flat head screw driver, place it between the handle and the ring, give it a slight twist and see if you can rotate the handle then pull it out.

Hope that helps

The handle is held on by a thumb screw. Loosen the screw and the handle slides out. This releases the blades which come out from the inside.

If it's rusted in place, the thumb screw will probably break. Like michael w. said, just drill it out. It's a lot easier than it sounds; I've done it on a couple of refurbs.

There are 2 types of OT systems. The newer performers don't use a thumbscrew. If it has the screw and it rusted, try penetrating oil over the course of a couple days.
If its the newer style, follow what Rob said and use a scredriver to help twist it.
I reccomend tapping both with a mallet to loosen any gunk first. If its rusted beyond help, you will need to cut it off.
I believe some of the handle smight have been made out os stainless, but don't quote me on that.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back