ss performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
recently got a blue ss performer in beatiful condition for 20.00
icon_biggrin.gif
. The thing i dont really trust is the charcoal bin. Has anyone ever had problems with the coals getting wet in there? I leave the grill outside with a cover on it. Just worried about humidity in the summer and rain and snow in the winter. thanks for your input.

Corey,

I don't have the SS Performer, but I do have a Performer in North Florida, and it's pretty darn humid here. I keep mine on the covered patio and it usually has a cover on it. It's been rained on in big Florida storms and sits outside all year. I keep charcoal in a closed bag in the bin, and I haven't had problems with humid coals. Your mileage may vary, but I've used numerous brands of lump and briqs and haven't had a humidity problem.

Stan

Hi Corey, this question always gets me. As stated folks actually do put their charcoal in that bin. I don't. I leave mine in the bag in my garage, even then I have had (sometimes) problems with it not lighting as fast as I thought it should. But glad you asked that question, also living here in MIchigan I would like to know what other folks do.

I always keep a bag of lump (in the bag) in the bin. Charcoal I keep in a covered plastic storage container in my shed.

I have never had a problem lighting lump - I also live in Michigan.

Corey, I too keep mine in the bag and in the charcoal bin with no problems. Stays on my back patio with a cover. There is plenty of humidity round' these parts! Also, reference your SS Blue performer.....no pic.....it didnt happen!
icon_biggrin.gif

Another vote for keeping the charcoal in its bag and in the bin with no problems.

Actually, it's usually two bags - one bag of Stubbs and one bag of Kingsford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back