Square Shooter Meat Loaf

WOW!! is all I have to say about that one. Bill, I know this was earlier this year, but I could eat meatloaf once a week, I love it. Added this one to the recipe folder.

This is why I love this place, sooo much info., experience and different ways to approach the same meal. You all ROCK!!:cool:

See you all this weekend!!! Have a good one!:D

Okay I could not stand it anymore and smoked a meatloaf with the inspiration here. Used Chris's meat combo ground chuck, ground veal and I used ground turkey instead of pork. Found another thread here where they used Velveeta cheese. On top I put some Wolfe Rub Bold and when it hit 100 I put some bbq sauce left over from Harry Soo's bbq baby back recipe. Made two three pound loaves.

I used standard method to light (must say I used left over coals for chimney and then put a full chimney on top. When they were all gray I put the top on with all three vents open and my bbq guru running to 350. Smoker hit the 350, put my meat on and it dropped to 250 and I could not get it above that for the rest of the cook.

It did cook and hit 160 in less than 2 hours. I must say it is outstanding and if you have not done meat loaf please give it a try.

I appreciate the inspiration here and look forward to my meat loaf sandwich for lunch here. Sorry no pictures, but was in a hurry to get done before Yankees game at 5:10.

Thanks everyone, It's been a while since I did a meatloaf and you reminded me it's about time

Brian I use oatmeal similar to bread crumbs It soaks up some of the juices and gives a nice moist loaf.

Last edited:

Back