Spirit Silver B?

Thomas, have you ever watched the Netflix show Lillehammer? It has Steven VanZandt reprising his role of being a Mafioso. If you ever watched and were a fan of The Sopranos you will love it. It's kind of like The Sopranos meet Fargo.

Yes, the swing table on the right can be removed. I personally think that is a nice option, but you can replace it with a condiment holder if you would like that better. I hope you can get that in Norway.

Getting those end pieces off can be very hard. Have you looked carefully on the bottom of the frame to be sure that there isn't a plastic clip from the end piece that needs to be pushed in first?

If your temperatures are accurate, then something is definitely wrong. I am not a gas expert by any stretch, and understanding what you have in Norway makes it harder to recommend. The first obvious things are to be sure your burners have clear openings and that there are no obstructions inside. Spiders like to make nests inside burner tubes! If your burners are good, then I would assume you have a regulator problem. If so, hopefully you have access to some of the inexpensive replacement regulators that are available.

p.s. My last name, Tofte, is a Norwegian name. Very rare here in the US, although there is a small town in our state of Minnesota that has our family name.

It's tight between the table and the little groove for plastic to be pushed in, will take a closer look but i did not see a distinct plastic bit there as i did on the other side. From removing the screw i aøso saw rhat there's some brass colored holder there that looks snugger then the other sides.

Dont know what more to do on the heat. Regulator and hose is new, valves are cleaned and mildly lubed and tubes are scraped clean. Maybe i could try to compress some air trough if theres some bugs inside.

Jon is also a pretty standard Norwegian first name, you must be named after some Norwegian relatives perhaps? :)

Thomas, have you ever watched the Netflix show Lillehammer? It has Steven VanZandt reprising his role of being a Mafioso. If you ever watched and were a fan of The Sopranos you will love it. It's kind of like The Sopranos meet Fargo.

Sure have! some years ago but it's a great series. Never seen sopranos yet but i've heard great things aswell :)
Check out Norsemen on netflix if it's available in your country. Havent seen the English voice version yet but the Norwegian version is hillarious. Many of the cast of Lillyhammer there aswell.

It's tight between the table and the little groove for plastic to be pushed in, will take a closer look but i did not see a distinct plastic bit there as i did on the other side. From removing the screw i aøso saw rhat there's some brass colored holder there that looks snugger then the other sides.

Dont know what more to do on the heat. Regulator and hose is new, valves are cleaned and mildly lubed and tubes are scraped clean. Maybe i could try to compress some air trough if theres some bugs inside.

Jon is also a pretty standard Norwegian first name, you must be named after some Norwegian relatives perhaps? :)

Sure have! some years ago but it's a great series. Never seen sopranos yet but i've heard great things aswell :)
Check out Norsemen on netflix if it's available in your country. Havent seen the English voice version yet but the Norwegian version is hillarious. Many of the cast of Lillyhammer there aswell.
I will do that.................Thanks!!!!

How hot are these Silver B/Spirit 300 supposed to get? Was disappointed that i could not get sear marks with stainless steel grids. After some tweakin and testing both thermometers today the highest i could reach was 480. Before that 460 without flavorizers and grids and lower with em in.
In the US, there is a safety feature on LP tanks that activates if you open the gas valve at the tank too quickly. One of the symptoms that this was activated is that the grill will not get really hot. Perhaps try opening the valve on the tank more slowly?

Also, can you post a picture of what the flames look like without the flavor bars or grates in place. There are a few TVWBB members that know a great deal about gas. Hopefully, they can chime in.

Turns out i'm a complete idiot. If anyone asks i'll blame the limited info panel 😂 turns out i were cranking down the heat to the lowest.. Made absolutely no sense to me that highest would be first notch after off.
Went way above 600° now, all the way down to the weber logo.

Here's some pictures of the new one. Kept the firebox, lid sides, grey knobs and handle, limited panel and bottom cabinet tray from the first one. Really like the new porcelain with proffesional written all over it.

Sears nicely, need some more practise on pattern though :D
Could not get the right side tray off, even bent the metal some trying to force it off, so guess im going double tables. Emblem is currently off and will be repainted soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_183749.jpg
    IMG_20200921_183749.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200921_183802.jpg
    IMG_20200921_183802.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200921_184720.jpg
    IMG_20200921_184720.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200921_183929.jpg
    IMG_20200921_183929.jpg