Spirit II and Genesis II manifold

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Are the manifolds the same on the Spirit II and Genesis II three burners? I want to convert a Genesis II from NG to Propane and I have a Spirit II that I can steal a Manifold from if it would fit my Genesis II.

Is it? Because after they quit the Genesis Silver line up, they continued to make the SPirits with the exact same cook box as the Genesis silver grills for a few more years. You are probably right though. If so, maybe I can just swap valves if the valves are the same between the two.

The Spirit II is smaller than the Genesis II. The older Genesis was the same size as the current Spirit but different burner orientation.

OK, sounds like I am going to have to hope the valves are interchangeable? Does anyone have any insight on that?

I looked up the part numbers for a 2017 Genesis 2 and a same year spirit 2 three burner and they are not the same.

Thanks Steve. I will have to compare the valves once I get the Genesis II home.

Yeah, that doesn't even mean you couldn't still swap the manifolds but as Dan mentioned, the spirit grills are listed as having less btu's than the Genesis. It would be still be interesting to see if it could work.

Back