Spirit E210 - how to please ?

RogerTB

Hi chaps, I'm not a regular griller but it's that time of year again when I uncover the bbq, I've been looking online for "instructions" I found lots of parts diagrams, maintenance advice etc but not a lot of help with actually cooking on the thing, can someone point me to the correct paperwork please ? I have come across, some time ago, suggestions that I should turn on only one half and cook on the other or was that in my imagination, I'm not even sure what temperature to turn to, lid up or down ... I have some nice lamb cutlets and I want them charred but not over cooked !

Roger, if you want your meat charred but not over cooked, you would basically want to run the grill on high, direct heat with both burners on. Wait until it gets up to max heat (probably 10-15 minutes. Your grill should 500F (260C) or higher. Then throw the meat on and let it go until it is cooked approximately half way through (depends on the meat and size of cut). Then flip it and start monitoring it with a meat thermometer until the center of the cut gets to the mininum temp for lamb, which is 145F (63C) in the USA according to the USDA. It may be different in the UK. The high heat coupled with temping it out should give you the charred outside while preventing you from overcooking the cut itself.

Back