Spiced Sweet Potato Fries

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
1597357569208.png

DH is not a big fan of Sweet Potatoes, but, he said he would eat these. I hope ours look as good as Weber's. lol

Spiced Sweet Potato Fries

CHILE SOUR CREAM
1 cup sour cream
2 TB. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 TB. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. hot chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped

SEASONING
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper, or to taste

2 sweet potatoes, each about 1 lb., peeled
2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil

1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350 to 450 F) and preheat a perforated grill pan.
2. Whisk the chili sour cream ingredients.
3. Combine the seasoning ingredients. Scrub the potatoes under cold water and then dry them with paper towels. Cut the potatoes into 4 by 1/2 by 1/2 inch sticks. Toss the potatoes thoroughly with the oil and the seasoning.
4. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the grill pan and grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until they are tender when pierced with a knife, 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all sides. Remove from the grill and serve warm with the chili sour cream.

Source: "Weber's New Real Grilling" - Jamie Purviance - 2013

This looks good! Albertsons has SP's on sale now.( time to fire up the grill)
This would probably work in an air fryer. Our son has one and has been using it on everything.
Tim

Joan, that's a great idea: sweet potato and: cumin , coriander & paprika (maybe smoked paprika)
Steve, thank you for the reminder. DH DID try to make this recipe, but, according to my notes, he found out the sweet potato had gone bad inside, so he made it with white potatoes. I didn't post the results. Thought we would try it again using sweet potatoes and then post the results. The recipe was put aside and never got around to being made. So, thanks to you, the recipe is now sitting in our "Make Soon" folder and hopefully IT WILL BE MADE SOON!!!!!

Back