Spaghetti Squash - Direct or Indirect?

steveD

TVWBB Fan
I am going to grill some spaghetti squash tonight. I know I'm looking for the grill to be around 400 degrees with the lid closed, but would you put the squash directly over the flame, or off to the side over a burner that is shut off? Thanks in advance!

I would do it indirect. Cut in half, put it on the grill face down for about 45 minutes until soft. Let us know how it turns out!

I cut them in half and add oil or butter, chopped onion and green peppers. Foil them and finish cooking them indirect on the grill.

I'm on a spaghetti squash bender right now. The best way I have found to cook the squash so that the strands are not watery or soggy is at:

http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/8521-spaghetti-squash-salad-with-chickpeas-and-feta

It surely could be adapted to the grill. (Don't call me Shirley!) A little caramelization would be wonderful.

Incidentally, they DO listen to requests. I requested a spaghetti squash salad recipe last summer and it appeared in the Oct/Nob 2015 issue of Cook's Country, with 3 variations. This has happened with at least 2 or 3 other recipes I have requested.

I wonder if Jamie Perviance (Weber) has done anything with spaghetti squash. Has anyone checked the Weber recipes?

Rita

I checked the Weber Recipe index that Chris gave us - no dice. I also went online at Weber and couldn't find any. However, I Googled "Spaghetti Squash on the Grill" and got a number of recipes.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back