South Carolina- Mustard Based Sauce

This is one I came up with and is excellent on PP and grilled chicken.

Ingredients

o 3/4 cup yellow mustard
o 3/4 cup cider vinegar
o 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
o 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
o 2 teaspoons salt
o 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
o 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
o 2 teaspoons louisiana hot sauce ( to taste)

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Whisk to combine and occasionally while simmering for 20-30 minutes.
2. Let cool before using.
3. Save remainder in a sealed container in the refer. (I used a washed and rinsed out glass soy sauce bottle).

I've made this twice now, turning down the heat juuuust a bit and the guys at work freakin' love it. People are asking me for the recipe.

So I have been sharing it.

Miss Piggy Mustard Sauce

I made this last weekend for a girl I met from SC. I was afraid it'd be a little spicy but that was the way she liked it. Enjoyed it on some pulled pork sliders w/ some generic cole slaw.

I've never had anything like it, I'll toy with it and some others to see what I like, but this or something similar will be in the fridge or made for my Ques from now on.

Thanks for the recipe.

Made the recipe posted by Stogie. All I have to say is OMG...it is AWESOME! I will not have pulled pork without it ever again. Thanks for posting!!

I'm dying to try Miss Piggy's but would like to sub red pepper flakes for the cayenne. 1 t. of cayenne is more heat than I typically want, plus I love the look of flakes in a sauce.

How much in flakes would you suggest for the equivalent of 1/2 t. cayenne powder heat?

Back