Sorry Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Cooper

Dear Weber-Stephen Products LLC,

I am now 40’s and while I was growing up my family used nothing but gas grills. When I was 19 I purchased a Weber Smokey Joe to try out charcoal grilling. I was hooked.

Over the years I purchased a number Kettle grills for myself and as gifts and was always satisfied with the quality and cooking results. But I was always wanting/holding out for you to reintroduce the “Fire Engine Red” kettle (sorry the “Brick Red” will not cut it).

Sad to say my One-Touch Gold 22.5 Grill has finally given up its life and needed to be replaced. Since you have stubbornly refused my wish and I’m sure countless other customers for the “Fire Engine Red” kettle I have moved on to a Portable Kitchen grill.
i...1TXN8VKL._SS400_.jpg

I am sorry we had to part ways like this but when the PK Grill starts to look a little ratty hopefully you will see the error of your ways and we will be reunited.

That is what makes this a Great country,...
you are free to make your own decisions.

No matter........

Good luck with that Dan.

Well, I guess colors are more important than the actual proven performance of a Weber kettle compared to anything else out there.
icon_confused.gif

Me. I do just fine using a Black OTG.
icon_wink.gif

Colors are nice, but I guess I'm just color blind cause they all cook the same way.

Tim

Just wondering Dan, How did silver beat out any of the other available Weber colors? Is there a PK forum somewhere? I know Glenn has one. Maybe he will chime in.
icon_biggrin.gif

I have one of these that is at least 40 years old. Mine is orange, although the paint is faded. They do tend to last forever and the cook well. Mine is at my parents house and I alternate between it and the Smokey Joe Platinum I have my dad a couple years ago.

But here's the question - why not get a Craigslist OTG AND the PK!?!

Here's a pic of my old PK:

I could be wrong but I've always thought all kettles are black but some are enameled different colors over top.If that's the case, it probably wouldn't be too hard to get a car spray painter to give a bare kettle a couple of good coatings of high heat red engine enamel would it or just buy the cans?
Don't spray inside...just the outside..even on my Green performer it's all black porcilin enamel and that's what it would be under the green.
I wouldn't care if mine was purple...it's still one of the best, most versatile grills you could ever have....
Don't be a mug....buy another kettle and worry about the color later
icon_wink.gif

Cheers

Davo

I think most of you have missed the point of my post. Weber does not want to give the customers what they want. If Ford only sold there trucks in "Mary Kay Pink", Do you think it'll be the best selling truck line? No. Customers will look at other options (which is what I did) and find something else.

If they offered the Kettle in Red I would not've looked at anything else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Cooper:
I think most of you have missed the point of my post. Weber does not want to give the customers what they want. If Ford only sold there trucks in "Mary Kay Pink", Do you think it'll be the best selling truck line? No. Customers will look at other options (which is what I did) and find something else.

If they offered the Kettle in Red I would not've looked at anything else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That portable kitchen grill is pretty cool. I remember reading about them a while back. I love the retro look.

By the way, did you get it in red?

Bill

If I remember correctly, Weber ceased production of the Red kettles due to a potential Cancer causing substance found in the manufacturing process. I'd love for that color to come back, but not at the expense of someones life. Besides, my Vintage Red collection increases in value as time goes by.
Oh ya, even if they were to bring it back, chances of it being available in the U.S. would be doubtful.(Sorry, buts that's my "Pet Peeve" with Weber).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Cooper:
I think most of you have missed the point of my post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I really don't think we have. Weber makes the finest grill available.
Why compromise for colour. (that is NOT a question)

i'm upset with weber also but it doesn't mean i'm abondoning them and getting something else. well i wouldn't mind having everything but thats another story. good luck to ya !

Originally posted by Mac McClure:
I'd love for that color to come back, but not at the expense of someones life. QUOTE]

You expect us to believe that Mac?
icon_razz.gif

Some people here would take someones life for a red one!
icon_biggrin.gif

This place is starting to remind me of that movie "Colors".
icon_redface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back