Sooooo The previous owner of my 1000 did a crafty lil piece of custom work on the burners....anyone seen or done this?

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
So I cracked into my green topper 1000 today that is on my deck cause the wife seemed to want her man around the house this weekend vs at the shop tinkering for hours on end. Its just not the same scraping a grill on my deck and worrying about all the debris and such...but happy wife happy life right. So I start taking the ole gal apart and I remove the manifold then start on the burners only to see burner extensions fabricated out of a piece of aluminum or steel. Im thinking this was a great idea......this way by making extension plates the previous owner was able to use OEM Weber burners of the shorter size ( silver B size ) which are readily available everywhere and sometimes inexpensive. The only downfall that I can think of is that the far left side of the grill would be a cold zone. I think I will keep this green topper so I will be buying the correct length burners. Have u guys ever seen burner extensions before? See pic20211023_170715.jpg

But the far left of the box I would assume would be cooler......but maybe the previous owner liked having a cooler zone.......something to think about.

Yep, never seen anything like that. I guess he bought the wrong burners and for some reason couldn't send them back so he decided to make them work.

I just spent an hour trying to find a decent price for the 7506 burners.........29 1/8" long .....that is a tough cookie to find for a good price. I ended up spending $33.00 shipped which hurts when I have a shelf of Weber brand clearance burners bought at $14 for the Silver B models. Even at $33.00 the one review said the cross over tube was too short.....and I can see in the pics the center tube is just a single row of holes on top..... :(

You already have the extenders! Just pop those rusty bolts out, use stainless and you're already golden!

Nah......I want full length burners for my keeper grill......the extenders are a good idea but only allow for the shorter Silver B burners to be used.

Oh, for keeper grills my advice is different. Spend as much as you want, get only the very best. Seriously, spend away. You made it back when you sold that grill that one time. Just let loose. Spend a few on your grill. I mean, it's the one YOU are going to use!

I just spent an hour trying to find a decent price for the 7506 burners.........29 1/8" long .....that is a tough cookie to find for a good price. I ended up spending $33.00 shipped which hurts when I have a shelf of Weber brand clearance burners bought at $14 for the Silver B models. Even at $33.00 the one review said the cross over tube was too short.....and I can see in the pics the center tube is just a single row of holes on top..... :(
That might be my review.

I found x000 burners for about $25, and the correct crossover for about $10 or so with shipping.

Here is a thread with some links

Thread 'need help finding burners for genesis 1000 that have the correct length crossover tube' https://tvwbb.com/threads/need-help...have-the-correct-length-crossover-tube.88896/

Last edited:
Yep that was u......I appreciate the follow up and links. Ironically I may have purchased those crossover tubes before when I had the same problem. I will have to look more closely at my crossover tubes. There is nothing better than having something " in stock " so u can just keep on working. I would really prefer the heavier gauge Weber burners for this old beast but Im not paying $65 for burner tubes......cant do it.

Back