Something other than pork, ?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
I have smoked butts and ribs but want to try something different. Perhaps some type of beef. What do you suggest. something that could be used to feed 5-7 people would be nice. Something juicy and flavorful, and preferably a single large piece of meat for the smoker. any suggestions, including cooking tips? thx

Brine some chicken thighs and smoke them. You can make pulled chicken sandwiches. The smoked chicken is also good in things like tortilla soup.

Rusty

I'll second the meatloaf suggestion. Make up a big ol' fat one or two medium sized ones placed side-by-side on the top grate.

On the lower grate I like to place a pan to collect drippings for a smokey gravy.

A nice thick slice served up next to gravy smothered mashed 'taters, and a veggie side for looks.
icon_wink.gif
That's some good eatin'.

You'll never want to eat regular meatloaf again.

Another vote for meatloaf. You should see the look on peoples face when I tell them that meatloaf is the best thing that I smoke.

I am more than surprised by the meatloaf lovers, so i'll need to try it, but the chuck roast is what i want to try. sounds perfect.

I'm also gearing up for a bit of a fish fry. don't guess the smoker will handle that, lol

Chuck roasts are great buy them around 2 to 3 in. thick smoke them to 190 to 195 pull them and add your favorite bbq sauce and you will have GOOD EATS
icon_wink.gif

As a Texan it is my sworn duty to suggest a good mesquite smoked brisket. Market trimmed, yellow mustard slather, basic thrown together rub. Smoke for around 6 hrs. Then wrap with foil until you reach 190 deg. internal temp.

Back