So, What Would You Do.......

Still looking for the right Golden. Now that I think about it, the fox will probably just
move to the backyard next door where it lived before under my shed......

Well this afternoon there was a coyote in the yard. Will probably wait on the golden for
now.

Well this afternoon there was a coyote in the yard. Will probably wait on the golden for
now.
Been there, done that. I taped this sign to our door a few years ago when our little 13 lb Chucky was still with us. Of course, the kids laughed at me, lol:

iphone-4196.JPG

And all this time I thought you were coy.
Joking aside - I understand your concern and precautions. :)

People in neighborhoods close to mine had been warning about coyotes and hawks taking pets from their backyards.
I have always had bigger dogs, 75-80 lbs- ish, and didn't worry about them. But my newest dog is much smaller, about 34 lbs
so I asked the vet if I needed to be concerned. She said "Nah they want something smaller, plus she has a LOT of red heeler in her".
I guess Heelers can take care of themselves. LOL
Anyway, that and having a 6' stockade fence means I don't need to worry too much. Apparently. :giggle:

People in neighborhoods close to mine had been warning about coyotes and hawks taking pets from their backyards.
Have you watched The Proposal? The scene with the Eagle [I think] and dog, lol?

My Son has a Blue Heeler and last week I spoke a complete sentence to her and I swear she understood and acted on my advice. I was floored.

@Bob H. or @Chris Allingham will snatch me for going in the weeds on this thread :confused:

Haven't seen that movie, but I know they are smart dogs.
No worries - there are 2 stools in the time-out corner, you can sit next to me. :D

Back on topic- I have no advice for Bob, but a wish:
I hope he gets the golden retriever of his dreams, the fox stays around and they become buddies, and the coyote finds a girlfriend on the other side of the county, where it's undeveloped. :giggle:

Back