Snuffin' the Fire: Briquettes vs Lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael L.

TVWBB Fan
This is a question that I could easily answer myself on my next cook. But since we all love reading and talking about cooking on webers, I thought I'd just put it out there.

One of my favorite features of my new performer is the ability for it to snuff a fire.

After a cook, I just shut the vents down and a short while later, the fire is out. Leaving behind a nice stash of coals remaining for my next cook. I love it.

However, I did have an issue trying to put out a fire made of K Briquettes. So I wonder... is it only lump that snuffs out? Or have any of you had success snuffing K Briquettes as well?

not sure on the performer but my kettles kill the briqs fast. the issue might be the hole where the burner tube goes through. maybe stick some foil in the gap and see.

Yeah, I'm not complainging by any means. My Performer kills the lump COLD in under 30 min. Maybe faster, but that's the soonest I've ever gone back out to check.

It also might have been that it was the very first burn of a brand new grill, and it also might be that I had probe wires running under the lid when I was burning the K. I haven't tried it since, or without the probe wires.

My kettle/wsm kills Briquettes just as fast as lump.

Kettle faster then the wsm ofc.

If all vents are closed and lid is put on correct it should kill the fuel asap. But it will be faster after a few meals when it "gunk" up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back