Snoring and a smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Perry

TVWBB Guru
The WSM is one trusty Q cooking machine. I put 2 pork shoulders in last night at 8:30, set the dampers and walked away. I just checked the temp and it was at 250, dry water pan and all. I didnt get up to check the temps at all last night due to massive consumption of a certain cold beverage helped me forget about every little worry so I went to bed, outside in a tent with my 10 year old boy. It was great to climb out of the coleman hotel and find a nice smoky pork smell in the air. The meat looks great, but not completed. I dont know what the internal temps are yet but I gave the shoulders the touch test and they are just a very few hours from being chewed on. I am going to throw a three pack of spares from Sams "very meaty"on after while that I cut up last night just like Chris A showed on this site. No problem.

When I found this site, I stumbled onto something special. There is no way that I can type the right words of thanks to the kind people on this board for steering me into the path of the WSM. I have alot of fun with this Qing thing so thanks for your help everyone.

DP

Sounds like you, your 10 year old, and everybody there are set for a good weekend! WSM and know-how from guys on this site = good pork along with good sleep!

Ain't it great! No charcoal/wood smoker out there holds a temp as stable as the WSM. Hope you and your boy had a great weekend!

The other great thing is that you're giving your boy memories that he'll always have. Maybe someday he'll be sharing an overnight cook with his own kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back